Wednesday, February 6, 2008

February-Red Valentine!

So this is my Mexican folk art inspired "red" piece....of course, I had to put a heart in it! The heart came from an article in the LA Times about the Latin American show at LACMA this past year and I had been hanging onto it for just the right moment and I guess this was it! I may monkey around with it a bit more....
Does everyone know what the March theme is? In case you didn't read the post awhile back...it is a combo theme of "Mad as a March Hare" and "Herald Spring".
This has been such fun seeing all of the beautiful pieces of art appear here. I look so forward to checking to see what has been posted!

4 comments:

katie said...

Beautiful piece, Laurie! Another wonderful addition to the current collection of "eights".

And March sounds like it's going to be a challenging one for me, great theme!

xo katie

Judy Wise said...

Wow, it's just gorgeous. I love everything about it.

HappyDayArt! said...

It is glorious! I really like what the words represent.

Catherine

lklight said...

Laurie this is beautiful, see red isn't so bad!!!